Saturday, March 6, 2010

Today Sucked

I can honestly say that I cannot at this time remember a day that sucked as much as today has. It was just one fiasco after another. That's my bitching, I'm done (mostly), now I'm going to focus on knitting.

I finished the scarf today, and blocked it (It's very long, so I took two separate shots):



Here's the white side, and some of the black.



Here's the black side.

Tomorrow, I begin to embroider. Today, however, while the scarf was drying, I started this. It's my first major lace project, and to complete this, I must learn how to do a provisional cast on (check), perform a knitted bind off, bead a piece of knitting and how to do the russian join. Those are four totally new skills, all while working on my first major piece of lace. This project is also for the class I'm taking on Parzival, and will take the place of the mittens, and perhaps the hat, depending on how much time I have.
Today, I cast on Ice Queen, and then worked the first three rows without any problems. However, the moment I hit the chart, disaster struck. First, I misread the chart, but didn't realize I was doing it wrong until I was all the way at the end of the 156 stitches (In lace, that takes almost an entire episode of Lost), and then after I'd tinked the entire stinking thing and then REKNIT it, I found that I'd once again, made a mistake that threw off the entire ROW!!! So now, I'm tinking it for the second time, and suddenly this "fun but challenging" project, is not quite as fun anymore.

Thing to be grateful for today: "Some days you just have a shitty week."

2 comments:

  1. A)Why did the day suck so bad? and 2)now you see why I kind of hate lace knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Lots of little pains added together with basically no good things to balance them out.
    B) Yes. I do.

    ReplyDelete