Monday, March 8, 2010

Awful, Really

I think I might have grossly overestimated my speed knitting abilities. I have, as you know, finished knitting the scarf, and as of right now, I have a word and a half embroidered onto it (embroidering is way more time consuming than I thought). The lace continued to kick my butt this morning, when it someone stopped having the right amount of stitches and I had to rip the whole thing out (I suspect that it lost a few stitches during the numerous tinkings), and somehow I failed to notice that I had TWISTED THE STITCHES at the beginning of the hat, so I've had to start that over too!!!!! Somehow, I am expecting to finish all three of these things by Friday morning at nine o'clock. If I succeed, I swear to God, I'm going to knit nice, calming garter stitch for a month!
Actually, I have just the pattern. Remember the blanket I was knitting back in January? Well, I bought a book of afghan patterns today, and I found one I really like, so I'm making that instead. That means on Saturday I'll be ripping out blanket and casting on something new. I'm pretty excited! I think that the thought of all of that garter stitch is the only thing that's keeping me going right now. The pattern is three panels of striped goodness, I'm so excited.
Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to say that I've miraculously managed to get a massive amount of knitting done and that it looks like I'll be able to finish after all.

Thing to be grateful for today: Little Adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment