Friday, March 12, 2010

Off to a Relaxing Start

Tomorrow, my Spring Break officially begins. I'm starting it off right by meeting a dear, old friend for brunch and knitting (I'll be covering that part for us). Later, I'll be going to a movie shooting, so sometime between there, I will have to fit in my writing for the day, because if I missed out on the first day, I'd be really disappointed in myself.
Later on this week, I'm meeting a friend's mother who has volunteered to be my mentor for my play. We'll be talking about my ideas, drinking coffee, knitting (again, that'd just be me), and just chatting. I'm really excited about that, and I'm so grateful to her for helping me out. She's pretty awesome and just came out with a book that you should all check out, especially those of you who like Neil Gaiman or vampires. Here's here website.

I finished the Parzival scarf last night after hours and hours of embroidery and Lost. I was up well past midnight. Today when I presented the hat and scarf, everyone including my teacher really liked it, so that my everything worth it. Plus, I get a nice scarf with a fun poem and a new skill out of the deal.
Here's the front of the scarf on me:



And here's the back:



And finally, here's the scarf laid out on my kitchen table.



I started knitting my garter stripes blanket today. I've been really enjoying the whole knitting for my whole pleasure and not for some cockamamie deadline thing all day. I really like how it's turning out so far. A little while ago, an odd idea flew through my head to count the rows and then calculate how many stitches I've knit today. I did that, and then I double-checked, because I was kind of gobsmacked.



3066 stitches, I've knit 3066 stitches today. I'll admit, that I'm pretty impressed that I can do the same little flick of the wrist that many times and not want to rip out my hair.

Well, good night. See you tomorrow.

Thing to be grateful for today: Breaks.

2 comments:

  1. I was at Skyler's book launch party and I', about 3/4 finished with the book. It's really quite good.

    Poem Scarf looks cooler than I thought it would. Is the blanket the project I'm supposed to assist you with? If so, hook me up with the yarn and I'll get going.

    ReplyDelete