Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roads Turning

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new era, both in knitting and the play. Provided, the knitting era change will not be all that exciting. I'm just starting a new project. Recently, Franklin of "Franklin's Panopticon" recently wrote about his Wonderland Socks, so I decided that this was a crazy nifty idea and decided I'd make myself a pair as well. I'm quite excited. I'm thinking that the colors will be indigo and burgundy. Sound nice?
Here's what's going on with the play. I met with my mentor today, and she pointed out to me that what I had so far is really good as "pre-writing", because it provides a lot of backstory, but it really isn't what I need in the play. Her opinion basically came down to "You have what can't be taught, a good ear, but you haven't really got the structure yet, which can be taught." (I just spelled "taught" as "tot" the first time. That worries me.) So right now, we're doing "official" pre-writing, and I've been given a list of questions to answer about my characters and story, in addition to the characters and stories of four other plays. I'm really glad to have her support, because with her, I'm getting so much great work done and so many awesome ideas flowing and churning around. It's wonderful.

I stayed up until two last night finishing the hat last night. I have to say, I think it's pretty great.



I'm happy with it.

Thing to be grateful for today: Ceasing to wait.

2 comments:

  1. This one is particularly wondrous.
    I don't understand the profile choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I choose the profile shot because it shows the cables better.

    ReplyDelete