Monday, March 29, 2010

One Sock-itis

I am currently shoving through a case of One Sock-itis. I've finished the first sock...



and, while my excitement over finishing was great, now I have to work on the second, which is a total buzzkill. Also, looking over Franklin's socks again, I see that he did something very clever in that he made the stripes uneven so that one sock had thick stripes in one color, and the other had thick stripes in the contrasting color. I wish I'd done that now, but there is no way in hell I'm starting over for something that silly. Plus, I like the sock for the most part. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's a learning curve.
My socks get progressively better every time. Or at least I'd like to think so. My goal is to be able to knit one sock on my journey to Germany this summer, and one on the way back. And perhaps to knit a lot of socks for Christmas presents this year. You may all be wondering why I have all this sock knitting lined up (How obvious of a lead-in was that?).
Well you see, I'd very much like to be a part of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Club next year. For those of you who don't know what a sock club is. It is a company that you pay at the beginning of the year, and they then send you one original sock pattern a month, yarn included. I think that that's a pretty badass idea. I'm quite excited.

Thing to be grateful for today: Speaking my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Sock club may be "clever" ot "nifty" but I think it's a stretch to call it "badass."

    ReplyDelete