Saturday, March 27, 2010

Curioser and Curioser...

I've gotten a decent amount done on the "Alex Through the Looking-Glass Socks" (that's what I'm calling them now).



The pattern is simple enough, though like anything I improvise, it isn't "design worthy". Still, I'm posting it on my her for my own reference more than anything, so if you want, you can skip the next few lines.

CO 64 st.
*K1 p1* repeat to end. Complete this round twelve times in Co1.
Switch to Co2. *Knit to end.* repeat four rounds.
Continue switching colors every for rounds, at some point decreasing to 62 stitches. Complete 16 stripes after ribbing. Increase back up to 64 just before you begin heel. Work heel in Co2. Pick up side stitches and resume knitting in the round. Continue stripes as before, beginning with Co2.

That's where I'm at right now.



The colors aren't as rich in either of these photos as they are in real life. The purple is darker, and the brown is more of a teddy bear color. I was skeptical of the colors at first, but it was either this or blue and brown, and I wear and knit a lot of blue and brown things, so I thought purple and brown would make for a nice change. As I've gone on though, the colors have grown on me, and now I quite like them. I can't wait to be done, so I can get to wear them around town.

Thing to be grateful for today: Lewis Carrol.

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing anything special to avoid the stripe jog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I slip the first stich of the second round of each stripe.

    ReplyDelete