Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chugging Along

Here's a a list of notes/what's going on right now/etc.
  • The second sock is in progress. I'm about halfway done with the leg.
  • I read the two plays I needed to read for my mentor and answered her questions, and now it's on to Hamlet and Cat On a Hot Tin Roof.
  • I need to be doing German work more.
  • My yoga schedule got thrown off this week by other commitments so I'm looking for a replacement class time this week.
  • I'm going to really have to make myself run tomorrow, because I need it.
  • Happy birthday to one of my favorite people in the world. I am so glad to have you as a part of my life, and have no trouble celebrating the day you were born.
  • I'm seriously considering defeating second sock-itis by only making single socks. I think that that is a pretty cool idea, but then I'd have no matching socks.
  • I think that for the most part I could live with that. I also think that my next sock project are a pair of dress socks for myself; black with a blue cuff and toe. I actually planned to make those ages ago. They are of course exempt from the one sock only policy. Dress socks that don't match are lame.
  • I've decided that I always need to have a sock going because they are very portable projects.
  • I've decided that May is UFO month (for the non-knitting minded, that would be "Un-Finished Objects). The things I would be working on are:
  1. My mother's shawl.
  2. The Cardigan (What cardigan? I don't know what you're talking about).
  3. A pair of fingerless gloves that I'd intended to be fingered but are no longer for me and therefore this person is getting fingerless because they are easier.
Thing to be grateful for today: You.

2 comments:

  1. A drawer full of unmatched socks? Sounds like you've been drinking Roma's Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently. We still need to figure out our yoga plans for this week, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete