Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another (Wo)man's Treasure

I finished the hat for my class on Parzival today. It's exactly what I wanted as a piece that represents the themes that run throughout the book. However, I was having trouble seeing it as a very attractive article of clothing, until one of my good friends came up to me and begged to have it after I'd presented it to the class.



This hat is that sweet, albeit rather stupid and kind of ugly puppy at the pound that very few people will adopt. It just needed to find it's true home, and I know that it has. My lovely friend, Maya will take great care of it, and it fits her really well, which is great (I can barely get it around my head as you can see).



You can't see the fair isle on the hat very well in those pictures, so here's one that should show it off better:



I'm still working on the scarf. I'm not yet halfway through the embroidery, which is worrisome because I have to be done by Friday morning. Once I'm done though, it's garter time!!!

Thing to be grateful for today: Prop 8: The Musical

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you have this avenue of creative wildness at your disposal! Ridiculously cool... xx Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you worked hard on this project....been knitting like a fiend. I love the prop 8 musical every time I see it. I love you every time I see you, too!

    ReplyDelete