Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Revamping

Some of you may have made the connection when I showed you the beginning's of the afghan that this yarn was the same yarn I was using to make a blanket back in January. That's right, I changed course. That's one of the beautiful things about knitting. If you don't like how something is going, you can just start it again, or do something entirely new. In this case, I choose to do something entirely new for a couple of reasons. Reason the first: The first blanket had a lot of problems that I wasn't really willing to deal with. Reason the second: Making a pattern from the book on knitting afghans that I bought justifies its purchase.
Here's the old blanket as it was when I last showed it to you:



And here is the afghan as it currently exists:



I like this version quite a bit more. The coloring is off in this picture though. The blue is a bit darker than that, and the brown is MUCH more obvious. The dimensions right now are 14"x22". I'm rather pleased with it, I have to say, though at this point I can't imagine myself finishing a whole stripe and a half by the time I have to go back to school, which was the goal I'd originally set myself. I might go easy on it, and just say one stripe, because that was my original plan. That's still pushing it, I think, as I want each stripe to be 77", and right now I only have 14" of length. God be with me. Of course, at the same time, I'm letting it be loosey-goosey, because the whole point of this project was to STOP knitting on a deadline. Jeez! Apparently, I'm just bad at that.

Anyway, the garter's charm has perhaps started to wear on me, but we'll see. If the ennui gets too terrible, I can always make the cashmere cabled scarf I have waiting for me (and perhaps a matching hat?). That yarn is CALLING me! For now though, I am resisting.

Thing to be grateful for: Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment