Thursday, April 1, 2010

Citizen Schools

Today, I'm going to write a post about the program that I've worked forty hours with over the past couple of weeks, and have been working with once a week for a couple of hours for the past several months, Citizen Schools. Citizen Schools is totally amazing! I've been working with a program here in Austin, and the work that they do is truly doing a world of good for their students.
Though I've been working with their program for seven months now (wow), I still barely new any of the students, because I'd only see a handful of them once a week for a very short while, and I didn't know most of the teachers by name or face (I was already friends with a couple of them before I started my forty hours). Now though, after having worked in their office several days a week and then working after school with the kids most of those days, I've gotten to know so many of the individuals who are a part of the Citizen Schools community, and they are all astounding people who really made me very happy that I choose to work with them.
From day one I felt very welcome, and I've built some strong bonds with both the people who work their and a few of the students in my time there. I really appreciate everything that they do for their community and everything that they've done for me, and I can't wait to see them all on Tuesday.

Thing to be grateful for today: My super awesome coworkers at CS!

No comments:

Post a Comment