Thursday, April 8, 2010

Good and Bad

Today was a beautiful day, and I spent it jogging with two of my best friends and then had a nice, delicious, healthy dinner with one of them afterward. Totally great.
On the other hand, I was given a work session (that's like detention, but it's physical labor) for a PDA, but after looking it up in the school's handbook, there were three ways in which the school failed to comply to its own policies in this case. So basically, I'm fighting that shit.
I have total respect for my school, but when I heard that I was getting a work session for PDA, I was frankly appalled. Therefore, I looked it up to see if what they were saying is valid. By their own standards, it isn't. That's not ok with me.
In better news, I've made some progress on the blanket.


It's now 22"x20", so I've made about six inches of progress in length, which isn't bad. Still, it's my project of choice at the moment, so I hope to make some great progress this weekend while I'm at SANDFEST!!!
Basically, Sandfest is a competition on the Texas Coast for sand sculptors. Every year the juniors at my school take a class in sand carving and then head down to the coast to compete. I'm pretty stoked! However, that does mean that I might not be able to blog for two days (actually, it pretty much means that I won't), so yeah. If I can somehow magically conjure up a guest blogger in the next twelve hours than I'll do that, otherwise, the blog will be blank for a couple of days.
Anyway, I love you all, and goodnight.

Thing to be grateful for today: Beautiful days.

1 comment:

  1. This is just TOO clever. It looks like you had great fun. I loved going down there. (Maybe next year to help Mr. Hindes' class.) I heard there was another piece called "Nose Hares."

    When my class went down 2 years ago, they let us know right away.

    Meaux (Your blog won't recognize my account choice:(

    ReplyDelete