Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Here...

Summer has officially begun!

You could see that immediately upon walking into the pool today. It was crowded...very crowded...I spent a wonderful day laying in the sun and swimming with all of my awesome friends. It was actually a good-bye party for one of my dear pals who is moving back to Spain this summer, but it was still a really wonderful time and everyone who went really enjoyed it. We started around midday and it was really freaking hot, but that was ok, because the pool itself is a chilly 68 degrees Fahrenheit, so once you've gotten in, your body is more than happy to be in the sun for a while.
At one point, we walked down to get food. We decided on traditional summer food, burgers, fries, milkshakes, etc. Yet again, the summer's presence was denoted by the large crowd at this traditional summer hot spot (hahhaha!). On our way back though, look what I saw!!!



A real life knitting graffiti artist at work! In the spirit of total nerdiness, I took this picture holding up my current project, which I was of course toting around with me the whole time. It was tons of fun. Thanks to Reed for taking this picture for me.

You want to know the true sign that it was summer? See that piece of knitting up there? I didn't knit a stitch of it today.

Thing to be grateful for today: FUN!

3 comments:

  1. I have heard more about knitting graffiti artists recently. I hope 'comment' often on the local landscape. Is that a bag you are holding?

    Have a great summer; it appears you are off to a great start. I look forward to reading your play (if you are still doing that for your project).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a surprise object!

    Yeah, I hope to be done with the first draft by the end of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G, make me knit during Glee tonight. I haven't touched my project in about 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete