Sunday, February 7, 2010

We Just Aren't, OK??

We absolutely are NOT going to talk about how much Lost I watched today! We just ARE NOT! Got it?? Now, if I were to permit talking about it, I might say that I'm on episode twelve now...Yeah...
It isn't as if I was doing anything constructive all day! Look!



I made a hat! Remember that yarn I got for my birthday that was so pretty and I didn't know what to do with? I picked it up on Friday and did a half inch or so, then yesterday I worked on it while I rode back from Sprachfest, and today I finished it during Lost.



So there! I DID something! And I have about a half skein of each left over, so I could make another if I wanted.



I attempted to blog the hat with my cat, Steve. Steve was not really enthused with the idea.



This is what the sky looked like in Texas today. Pretty dreary, huh? (Note: We are also not going to talk about the fact that I'm changing the setting of each picture so I can justify showing you the same hat over and over again.)



Is it just me or does this look like it's a very old picture because of the quality? Sorry about that. (Please forgive my appearance, I've been sick all week. I normally look much better than this.)



Basic concept: Casted on 80 stitches, did a 2x2 rib for an inch or so, switching colors every two rows, then I worked in stockinette until it suited me, then decreased accordingly.

Thing to be grateful for today: Rest.

5 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the hat on the grass, but where are you taking that second shot!? It's a lovely hat...still waiting for my shawl....hmmm.....just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photo is in the Paco Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, the shawl knows that your birthday is coming up soon. When it failed to get ready to meet you at Xmas, I assumed that it was planning to be your birthday present. Or maybe you'll get a St. Patrick's Day present?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be SHOCKED if I receive it for my b'day.

    ReplyDelete