Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shifting Gears

So, despite the fact that I've signed up for knitting striped socks for the knitting olympics...they haven't started yet, so I consider myself still eligible for shifting gears. Therefore, I AM knitting Earl Grey by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
Their are two benefits to knitting these socks instead.
1. The cables make them a bit trickier, so I feel that they're more appropriate for the olympics. I'm making my project HARDER, so I can definitely justify switching.
2. It's easier to travel with these socks because they don't require scissors every few rounds like striped socks would, and they each only require one ball. I'm traveling a lot over the next week, so that one is key.
So, I'm either knitting these in plain blue yarn, or in blue or gray yarn with silver spun in. We'll see what the cosmos directs me towards.

Starting tomorrow, my internet access is going to be scant at best. I'll be writing posts every day, they just might not make it onto the actual site every day. I'll update when I can.

Thing to be grateful for today: Precedent.

No comments:

Post a Comment