Saturday, February 20, 2010

Momma

Today is my mom's birthday. She's an absolutely incredible woman, and I love her so much. She has done so much for me, and has (in my opinion) done a really great job of parenting. I have never loved someone like I love my mom. She's empathetic, powerful, vulnerable, intelligent, funny, friendly, beautiful, and most all of my friends agree that she is more of a friend than a "friend's mom" to them. If there was ever anyone who deserved exactly what she wanted for her birthday, that would be my mom.
I can always go to her when I'm in pain, or I just need someone to hold me, and she'll put what she's doing aside to be with me. She knows how to set boundaries and be firm about them, and that has taught me so much about strength and standing up for myself. She works so hard, and I'm constantly amazed by her.
Here's something you probably didn't know about my mom:



She is the hummingbird whisperer.



I love you, momma.

Thing to be grateful for: I think that this goes without saying but, my mom.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, from one Mom to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. You're such a sweet son. Happy birthday Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's my sweet boy. I love you, buddy!

    ReplyDelete