Monday, February 15, 2010

Hampshire...

...is my dream school. I want to start today.
I went and visited Hampshire today, and it was absolutely incredible. The students were all so passionate about what they wanted to learn, and everyone seemed intelligent and friendly. The surrounding town is absolutely awesome. There are tons of hip little shops and coffee houses to go to. I already checked out the local yarn shop, and it is ADORABLE! I bought a lovely skein of mohair. It was pretty awesome.
I feel that I'll be able to get a really amazing education at Hampshire, and will make tons of friends fast. I'm really looking forward to the application process, even if I'm nervous about the acceptance process.
I was interviewed today and the entire thing was so neat. Everything was very laid back and friendly. The interviewee was a current senior from France. He was very fun and interesting. We talked about our favorite poets and about creative writing. Of course, I did a lot of the talking because it was an interview to see if I was a good prospective student ( it of course had nothing to do with the fact that I love to talk). I also attended two classes; one on sex, gender, and their connections to evolutionary biology (that was really fascinating. We talked about eugenics), and the other was on play writing, which is something I'm very interested in as I wrote about maybe a month ago. I also attended a really awesome student discussion panel. All three of the present students were really proud of what they were working on and absolutely in love with it.
I'm one of those people who is interested in a LOT of things. I want to study creative writing, foreign language, psychology, film, gender studies, minority studies, literature, agriculture (the list goes on), and I really think I can study all of these things at a school like Hampshire where I can pull from classes at five different colleges and most of my classes will have an interdisciplinary focus. I'm really in love with this school, if you hadn't gotten that by now.

Thing to be grateful for today: Things that work out even in the face of failure.

1 comment: