Monday, January 11, 2010

Spinning Wheels

Today, I did something that I have said I would do for a long time: I rode my bike with a group of friends from my school to a Whole Foods downtown (That's about 13 miles, 4 of which were offroad). They do this every week. I've never been so aware of my nether regions than those four miles of offroad...it was pretty painful. Though, my wonderful friend, Bethany let me use her bike (which was super nice and had a lovely, squishy seat) during the particularly tricky bits.
The trip was actually really glorious (though my butt is still pretty sensitive). We road down a few major streets, but mostly kept to backroads. There was an awesome little park that we rode through, that had a sweet, little trail and a bridge. It was really great timing too, because the park's beauty in comparison to the concrete streets made me forget about my aching bottom.
I wish I had pictures of the ride (maybe I'll take some next week), but it really was quite glorious. I plan to go every week now, because I had a huge amount of fun! This is going to be a pretty short post because I have only gotten ten hours of sleep over the past two days, so I'm basically going to leave it at that.
But first, knitters...I got my Knitpicks interchangables set today...life is complete!

Thing to be grateful for today: Squishy bike seats.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the knitpicks. Maybe you can knit yourself and extra-cushy bike seat cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot! You are so hard core,... dude!

    ReplyDelete