Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Ghost of Knits Past

So, I've decided on a project for the knitting olympics, this hat. I tried to knit it last winter, and did in fact succeed, however, instead of being my size, it was infant sized, because working with two colors is a tricky business. Therefore, this year I will succeed!
Now, here's the catch. I will be traveling for the first six days of the olympics. I'm doing a college visit up in the Godless North (Massachusetts) that week, but first I'll be in New York to see my favorite musical of all time, Next to Normal (If you don't know Next to Normal, you should). Those of you that talk to me regularly are probably going, "What?? Since when are you going up north next month?" The answer is, since this morning. Every single decision was made then. It wasn't even a possibilty that we would go up next month until this morning, so that's why none of you knew.
Anyway, this presents a bit of a problem. That's six days where I will have uncertain internet access. I'm not sure what the plan is yet, but in order to keep my one post a day thing running, I must do something! Any suggestions? I'm thinking a) Get a guest writer b) Write six posts before I leave and send them to someone I can trust to post one each day. Thoughts?
Anywho, I've haven't knit at all today (bad Gardiner!), and God knows I'm going to need that cardigan while I'm in New York. Think I could manage a pair of mittens before I get there? Those would be REALLY useful. Perhaps THAT is what the Patons Yarn was meant for? A pair of striped mittens? How does that sound?

That's all for today.
Thing to be grateful for today: My mother's insane skills.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any way to post from your phone? It would take forever, but it could be possible.
    Also. If you can't find anyone else willing to do do, I'd be happy to publish your thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The model on the hat pattern is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I unfortunately do not own any kind of smart phone. I have ye olde basic 12 keypad phone. That's very kind, I'll keep you in mind.
    Lauren, this is true(ish).

    ReplyDelete