Thursday, January 14, 2010

Inaudible Clocks

So, today was another yoga day, and something pretty amazing happened. Even though I was filled with stress about school (among other things, but mostly school), somewhere along the way, I completely lost that and fell into a very zen space. Now, for those of you that know me pretty well, you might have noticed that I have a nervous habit of checking the time. Today during yoga class, even though I was so stressed, I completely forgot to think about what time it was until the very end, which is pretty awesome for me.
Of course, the moment I did think about what time it was, I suddenly became all too aware of the ticking of the clock in the back of the room, and I lost my zen space for a minute. I found it during the last breathing exercises though, which was good, because tonight, I needed that zen space.
Now that I have achieved that zen space though, I need to get to work on these things that are stressing me out (i.e. a presentation on Hildegard Von Bingen and an essay comparing Christianity and Taoism). I know that the posts have been short and devoid of pictures the last couple of days, and I'm sorry, but I promise that tomorrow's post will be long and full of fun pictures of italian food!

Thing to be grateful for today: Teachers who listen.

2 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about the zen space. I needed that today too. It was a nice treat seeing you between my yoga class and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS awesome to see you yesterday! I saw you crossing the parking lot, and had a "Stop the car!" moment.

    ReplyDelete