Thursday, June 3, 2010

HOLY CRAP I FORGOT!!!!

I dropped the ball...
Shit...
I've been feeling depressed today, and now I'm wondering at the purpose of the blog and if its even worth it. I don't even know if more than two people read it anymore. Can I have a shout out just to see who does? If you read the blog with any regularity, can you let me know in the comments? Thanks.

In happier news, I got a signed letter from Barack Obama today for volunteering with Citizen Schools (the program I teach knitting through) for multiple semesters. We had our end of year party today congratulating all of the staff members and volunteers for all their hard work and in the process I was given an envelope containing the aforementioned letter, a presidential medal of acknowledgment for my volunteer work and a diploma from the president. I felt pretty special.
Honestly though, it meant way more to me when I got a big ol' card that my kids and coworkers had signed thanking me for being there. One kid's thank you note was particularly touching. Honestly, the party helped a lot.
Three days until Germany.

Thing to be grateful for: Spray 'N Wash

5 comments:

  1. I'm here every night. And the purpose of the blog was the discipline of writing something every single day for a full year. It didn't have anything to do with how large or small your audience might be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually check in every day, and I'm greatly interested in what you have to say. I don't expect a profound thought every post, but I read them all anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check in every few days, sweets.

    ReplyDelete